BE IN HIGH DEMAND
There are approximately 6.5 million Americans affected by non-healing wounds each year, and this number is expected to rise due to an aging population and increases in the prevalence of diabetes and obesity.
Wound care physicians are increasingly in high demand with the proliferation of hospital-based outpatient wound care centers. With high demand, comes higher salaries and better job opportunities for incoming wound care physician specialists.
The FREE educational resources you’ll find, compliments of Why Wound Care, have been developed by leading physician educators within this field. They wish to “give back” to future generations of medical students and recent graduates who are motivated to learn more about chronic wound prevention and how to provide optimal care for patients who have a wound.
FREE CONTENT INCLUDES:
Downloadable PDF's of all 25 chapters of the textbook, Chronic Wound Care: The Essentials e-Book
16 educational video modules (8 to 12 minutes in length) on multiple key topics for understanding the management and treatment of chronic wounds
- Acute Wound Healing Processes
- Surgical Wound Closure
- Overview: Chronic Wounds
- Chronic Wound Pathophysiology
- Introduction to Wound Epidemiology
- Pressure Injuries
- Diabetic Wound Ulcers
- Arterial Ulcers
- Venous Ulcers
- Atypical Wounds
- Wound Dressings
- Wound Preparation, Debridement and Surgical Closure
- Wound Infections
- Pain Management in Chronic Wounds
- Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy and Wound Management
- 40 minute video on "Wound Assessment and Documentation"
- 75 minute video on "Pressure Injuries: Assessment and Management"